Friday, December 4, 2009

I should get a merit badge...

Check out these embroidery skills. I've never done this before, and I'm happy with how it turned out! I was totally unsure about it at first, but glad that I went with my first instinct in terms of design and placements. These are going to be the "buttons" that you push to make the dress work. They're placed in places that range from "ok" to "slap-worthy" zones of the body.

The lower back is an area that I consider to be a gray area. It can be a controlling gesture to touch somebody here, or an intimate gesture.

This is the embroidery on the lower back:
The lower back area

Over the chest, a for sure no-touch area!
P1050298

The LED matrix isn't tacked on yet, since I don't have the second arduino sewn in and then they need to be sewn together.

There are two more buttons that I embroidered today, with similar looks to the two above. I think I've earned my sewing badge by this point.

No comments:

Post a Comment