Monday, January 4, 2010

Comic Book Covers

http://robot6.comicbookresources.com/2010/01/the-50-best-covers-of-2009/

This is a best-of-2009 List that of what the others thinks are the the best examples of comic book cover-art for the year. Some of them are particularly well done, and I like seeing the different styles lined up. I don't think this list really captures the breadth of cover art syles, but that's not the intention of the list I suppose.

This one's my personal favorite from the list:

I'm a very process-centric person, so comic-covers with this amount of detail really appeal to me. I can envision the physical pen strokes of the artist, instead of somebody just tracing a photograph and running "livetrace" to get colors. It's a personal preference, and I'm not trying to devalue digital process (the above image very likely was digitally rendered). I just connect with this image on a more personal level because of the hand-drawn look.

No comments:

Post a Comment